Tuesday, June 5, 2012

London bridge is falling down...

We landed at 1:30pm local time, and it took us until 6pm, to find our hosts house. We were totally lost! We got into the center and just sat and had coffee at Starbucks to get our focus back and figure out WTF was going on! I've been in big cities, and we knew what we were going to be dealing with but for some reason we just felt like we were walking in circles. It's ok though, we enjoyed our time watching a woman screaming about loving Jesus, got it figured out and we were off. Until the train was shut down and we had to pick a new train to take. We eventually got there and met the newest friends we have made! There are 2 filipino who live together, Joe and Jeff. They moved to London when they were teenagers and have been friends ever since! Good men, overall. Joe is a 2 star Michelin Chef! So, that should explain the amazing food we had while were here :)

The second day the guys brought us into the city and showed us so much! That night I went to meet my good friend from Italy who came in for the weekend, Giuseppe. Danielle and the guys went to a Moroccan bar and enjoyed their Friday night. I got lost for several hours, looking for my friends bus stop, on the other side of London. It was nice though I was able to see London as night, alone and just take my time since I was lost! Seeing Giuseppe was a nice feeling, just seeing someone who I knew in such a big city, was a very comforting feeling! The next day we went out with our friend who we met in Seville, Spain a few months ago. His name is Adrian. He such a great man! He met us and spent the entire day with us, showing us things and bringing us all over! Very kind of him!

The next 2 weeks were spent relaxing, taking day trips to other parts of London and just being here living like a local. Our hosts were kind enough to allow us to stay for so long! We needed a break! We just spent the last month in 6 different countries, and hitchhiking for the 10 days prior to being here. We just needed to stop and literally smell the flowers for a moment. They let us do that. We have had some great nights and interesting conversations with these guys! They have also been all over the world! We asked many questions and suggestions on places to make sure we get to.

I am taking a bath currently! It's fabulous! It's been raining non stop here for almost 5 days...it sucks, to put it plainly. We are leaving tomorrow to a city called Weston-Super-Mare. Lol...we couldn't get a host in Bristol, and I'm sleeping outside at a beach or park of its raining...so Weston-Super-Mare it is!! I'm sure we will enjoy our time, we do everywhere we go!

Well, dinner has been served...so I must get out of the bath :'(

I am still writing my portion of our time hitchhiking through the Balkans...that should be done in the next few days!

Pictures of London

Miss you all Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment